The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital

Prince Philip, 99, admitted to hospital after 'feeling unwell' - breaking royal news

The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital on Tuesday evening "as a precautionary measure" after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said overnight that the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening.

According to a statement made by the palace, Philip was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure which is not related to Covid-19.

He later pulled out of a Battle of Jutland anniversary event in June 2016 citing a minor ailment which was followed soon after by his retirement from public duty in 2017.

HELLO! understands that Prince Philip walked into hospital by himself after travelling by auto and that it was not an emergency admission.


Philip was last hospitalised in December 2019, spending four nights in the King Edward VII Hospital for what the palace said was planned treatment of a pre-existing condition.

"The Duke of Edinburgh has today left hospital after being discharged by his Doctor and is now back at Sandringham".

In 2019, the Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a auto crash when he attempted to pull out of a driveway near the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk. The prince was unharmed, BBC News' royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said at the time.

The duke had been feeling unwell for a few days, but it was not related to coronavirus, the source added.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Trump Plaza demolished in NJ
The city asked that the building be demolished because it had fallen into disrepair, and debris was falling to the boardwalk below.

Biden Says He Wants K-8 Schools Open Five Days a Week
The president on his first day in office extended the moratorium on foreclosures, first issued by Trump, until the end of March. When asked how schools could reopen when most are located in "red zones" of high community transmission, where the U.S.

Nigeria to vaccinate 109 mn citizens against Covid-19 in 2 yrs
Front-line healthcare workers will be the first to be vaccinated, followed by those over 80 years old. Graphic from the Covid-19 Vaccine Supply Access Guarantee Special Committee (JKJAV).

Australian PM apologizes for handling of staffer's rape allegation
Ms Higgins said her leg was "crushed" during the alleged rape and took a photo of an alleged bruise in the bathroom. Ms Higgins, 26, gave a TV interview on Monday that has prompted shock and outrage over her treatment.

Donald Trump sued by senior Democrat congressman Bennie Thompson over Capitol riot
Jason Miller, an adviser to Trump, dismissed the allegations in the lawsuit, citing Trump's acquittal in the Senate . McCain was responding to co-host Sunny Hostin, who slammed Republicans who voted to acquit Trump in the Senate.

Other news