Meghan Markle will ‘never dare come back to London

Meghan Markle and Baby Archie

A trial was due to take place in January 2021, but this has now been postponed until autumn 2021, with the Duchess' legal team citing "confidential grounds" as the reason for a postponement.

The Duchess of Sussex's lawyers revealed in new court docs that while neither she nor Harry ever spoke or collaborated directly with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand on the biography Finding Freedom, the 38-year-old did indirectly give input in the book via a friend who she knew was working with the authors.

Her husband said back in October 2019 that the letter was redacted to "purposely misled" the readers "by strategically omitting select paragraphs, specific sentences, and even singular words to mask the lies they had perpetuated for over a year". "We are happy that the Judge has agreed to protect these five individuals".

While both Meghan and Harry insist they have never given any interviews for the book - on or off the record - lawyers for the Duchess have admitted in a court submission that she gave a friend permission to talk to the authors.

For those who don't know, these claims were made in response to Associated Newspapers, which the Suits alum is suing for breach of privacy, infringement of copyright and breach of data protection.


A latest court document reveals that Meghan took advice from two senior royal over strained relations with her father Thomas Markle and how to prevent him from speaking to the press.

As Tatler reports, before reprimanding her father in the letter, which ultimately led to her high publicity privacy row, Meghan Markle informed Jason Knauf of her plans, who at the time was Kensington Palace's director of communications.

It adds: "Accordingly, she indicated to a person whom she knew had already been approached by the authors that the true position as above. could be communicated to the authors to prevent any further misrepresentation". The guidance she received from these two senior royals prompted her to write a letter to her father which is now at the centre of this legal battle.

Meghan's legal team said in the documents: "Given the claimant's level of distress surrounding the form, frequency and content of the media coverage concerning her father, and as the newest member of the royal family who wanted to follow protocol, the claimant sought advice from two senior members of the royal family on how best to address the situation". She claims that she did not cut ties with Thomas, but only convinced him to stop communicating with the press - but he did not heed her requests. The royals in question were not named, but speculation is rife as to whether the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William - the most senior members - could have been consulted.

Meghan Markle was advised by two senior members of Britain's royal family to write a letter to her estranged father, court papers filed Wednesday show.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Major terror ploy foiled, 4 Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists killed in Nagrota
Modi added that the security forces' action was an example of the "utmost bravery" and professionalism. Following the operation, 11 AK-47s rifles, 3 pistols, 29 grenades and other devices were recovered.

Five Eyes Alliance Urges China to Keep Hong Kong Commitments
The dismissal of the lawmakers has seen Beijing criticized for its latest efforts to silence individuals of the opposition. She also would not say what would happen if China did not revoke the new rules.

Coronavirus: South Australia lifts lockdown early after contact tracers misled | DW
All the new and suspected cases are already in quarantine, with the total number of people in isolation rising to more than 4500. Nevertheless, the Parafield cluster continued to grow on Friday, with three new cases taking it to 25 confirmed infections.

SpaceX Dragon Capsule Resilience Ferries Four Radio Amateurs to the ISS
Yoda was seen bobbing freely when the Crew Dragon separated from its Falcon 9 rocket en route to the space station. When SpaceX's Falcon 9 took off on Sunday night, the spaceflight company did something that it is getting good at.

Teen Charged With Killings at Kenosha Protest Posts $2M Bail
Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Ill., told police he was attacked while he was guarding a business and that he fired in self-defence. Rittenhouse was not attacked with a skateboard until after he opened fire on protesters.

Other news