Michael Vaughan Calls Marlon Samuels’ Comment on Ben Stokes ‘Appalling’

Marlon Samuels reacts ugly to Ben Stokes` quarantine remarks, shares expletive-laden posts on Instagram

Former West Indies cricketer Marlon Samuels has made disgusting comments about England superstar Ben Stokes and his wife Clare.

"I text my brother saying the same thing, and my brother asked, 'You wouldn't even do that to Marlon Samuels?'".

Warne, who was also referenced by Samuels, blasted the West Indian on Twitter, labelling him as "an ordinary cricketer" who has "no friends". Just because you were an ordinary cricketer-no need to be an ordinary person. "Get help son", Warne had tweeted.

In another post Samuels wrote: "Hello people is this your sweet little Ben that can't live without calling my name dam I don't believe Ben would do this s***".

The bitter feud between the players has lasted for five years with Samuels famously saluting Stokes off the field during a Test match in Grenada in April 2015.

After Stokes said he wouldn't wish a two-week quarantine on his "worst enemy" Samuels, the Jamaican responded with an expletive-ridden and racist tirade against him in a since-deleted post on Instagram, in which he also made a derogatory comment about Stokes' wife Clare.

In the same match, during the second innings Shane Warne pulled Samuels with his jersey while slamming him for his earlier gesture.

Samuels was named the player of the match and dedicated the award to Warne before things took a nasty turn during his post-match press conference.

Marlon Samuels
Marlon Samuels launches extraordinary Instagram tirade against Ben Stokes

Warne has clashed with Samuels in the past, most notably in a 2013 BBL clash where they had a heated on-field confrontation, and the leg-spin icon unloaded after the online barbs.

However, now Marlon Samuels has responded to his friend from Australia in a not so good way reminding him of his face surgery. "I've never disrespected. I don't appreciate the way he talks about me", Samuels said.

The pair also exchanged words during the 2016 World Twenty20 final in Kolkata after Carlos Brathwaite hit four consecutive sixes off Stokes deliveries in the final over to guide West Indies to victory.

Stokes has not responded directly to Samuels' comments, though had a curious reaction on his Instagram.

"I remember this day like it was yesterday first time seeing Ben and he start cussing me when I reach about 50 and his teammates said, "Ben stick to the plan don't speak to him because that's what he wants".

"ICC cricketing world ben b*tch stokes Shane b*tch warn and a few b*tch west Indians cricketers who sell out sextillion7thpower nothing to f*ck with my army bigger and we richer (sic)", he wrote in the post, captioning it 'yes I am the bad guy so what!'.

"You get off the plane, get your bag, walk out and get told what hotel to go to", Stokes told BBC.


Related:

Comments

Latest news

AMD muscles up with Xilinx in fight against Intel
Current AMD shareholders will own 74 percent of the combined company while Xilinx shareholders will own the remaining 26 percent. The chip designer has beaten all estimates for its GAAP and non-GAAP earnings per share (EPS) and analysts' revenue.

Nebraska vs Wisconsin game cancelled
The only way that wouldn't apply is if all teams in the conference averaged fewer than six games played. The Big Ten's return-to-play policies regarding COVID-19 are among the most-stringent in the country.

Three dead, several wounded after knife attack outside Nice church
Several people are also reported to be injured but it is unclear how many and what the extent of their injuries might be. At least one person has died and several others have been wounded in a stabbing attack in Nice, French media report.

SpaceX launches 12th Starlink mission, touts 100 Mbps download speeds
SpaceX is poised to launch their next batch of Starlink satellites aboard a Falcon 9 today, now scheduled to liftoff at 8:46 a.m. This would have witnessed the launch of another load of Starlink satellites and the launch of the Saocom satellite.

Tony Chung: Hong Kong activist detained near United States embassy charged
The Friends of Hong Kong member told AFP the clothes worn by the escorted man matched what Chung was wearing that morning. The law is wide-ranging and gives Beijing extensive powers which it never had before to shape life in the territory.

Other news