"I have directed that over 26,000 staff in the Ontario Public Service have the app downloaded to their government phones because as government employees, we work for you", Ford said "This is a small but important way we can lead by example".
"I'm encouraging people to order takeout, but we've got to be fair (to the restaurants)", he said.
The premier is expected to make an announcement Friday afternoon in Mississauga alongside Deputy Premier and Minister of Health Christine Elliott and Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade Vic Fedeli.
Even though overwhelmed Toronto Public Health officials suspended contact tracing of COVID-19 cases earlier this month, outside of outbreaks in congregate settings, medical experts continue to state it is a crucial weapon in the fight against the coronavirus.
Seventy-two per cent of the cases are in Toronto, Ottawa, Peel and York Region.
No new cases of COVID-19 were recorded by Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health.
According to the epidemiological summary today, another 24 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 and six COVID patients have been admitted to intensive care units.
Statistics showed 253 people were hospitalized, 62 were placed in ICU and another 31 people were on a ventilator.
The Ontario government further recorded 53,291 cases were so far resolved. There is one known active case.
Swalwell Accuses Graham of Committing a Felony On Camera
Harrison set a Senate fundraising record, raising $57 million in the third quarter, beating out the previous record held by Rep. Barrett, nominated by President Donald Trump to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, responded, "That is correct".