South Florida Amber Alert canceled, 9-year-old boy found deceased

Body of autistic boy, 9, who was abducted in Florida found in lake

The incident happened on Thursday in the area of SW 158th Avenue and Kendall Drive in Miami, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which issued the amber alert just before midnight. Miami-Dade police are on scene and will provide an update.

The vehicle then blocked her as a passenger got out of the auto, ambushing Ripley and demanding drugs from her, Rodriguez said.

Ripley told the man she didn't have any drugs, at which time he snatched her son and cellphone, Rodriguez said. "The mother is insisting that she does not have any drugs".

Authorities said the boy had autism and was non-verbal. She said the suspect snatched her son and her cellphone, according to police, then got back in the auto, which drove away. The driver and passenger of the blue sedan were identified by police only as two black males.

According to the Amber Alert, the suspects were two black males, and "one of the abductors may be wearing all black clothing and a black bandanna as a face mask. He may also have cornrows in his hair".


Police said Thursday night they were searching for the vehicle and the two men Ripley described.

Authorities said residents should not approach the subjects but instead contact law enforcement immediately. Police questioned employees at the Home Depot where Ripley was abducted, as well as the boy's family.

A body of a child was found close to where Alejandro was abducted Friday morning, police reported.

According to officials, Ripley was with his mom as she drove westbound on SW 88th Street in Miami, Florida, according to ABC Action News.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Sony CEO Says PS5 Games Being Announced Soon
PlayStation has also announced a new themed branding called "PlayStation Studios". Yoshida continued by bringing up the topic of games available for the console.

Piers Morgan rages 'lockdown's over' if Boris Johnson doesn't 'FIRE' Dominic Cummings
As of 9am on Friday 22 May, there are 1,898 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in County Durham, out of a population of around 530,000. The 55-year-old said he would deem "lockdown over" if the Prime Minister doesn't take drastic action towards his top adviser.

Brazil has now second-highest number of Coronavirus cases in the world
But Trump has previously given his support to street protests demanding the end of lockdown measures. It was not clear whether he had any authority to override the governors.

'Avatar' movie sequel to resume production in New Zealand
Even a decade after the release of James Cameron's path-breaking science-fiction epic Avatar , fans are still waiting for a sequel.

Wood County reports first COVID-19 death is person in their 30s
A Livingston County man in his 70s was hospitalized as of Wednesday night with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Mason County Public Health was notified Friday, May 22, 2020 of the additional positive test.

Other news