It's also Ford's government that saw fit to "inspect" a long-term-care home in Toronto where many residents had died of COVID-19 over the telephone.
The 60-page report, signed by Canadian Armed Forces Colonel T.M. Arsenault, details the observations made by military staff that worked at 25 of the residences in the Montreal area over the past few weeks.
"What we are going to see going in towards the end of this week will really be based more on the opening up of the economy that started up last week and that's where both Dr. Williams and I will be very interested in the numbers", Elliott said.
"Thank you to the fearless women and men in our Canadian Armed Forces who have helped immensely to stabilize our hardest hit long-term care homes", said Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, Long-Term Care minister.
Ford promises the five homes cited in the report by the military will be held accountable for their actions, including the possibility of criminal charges of neglect.
Meadus said seeing the litany of serious issues in a single report gave it more impact and the loss of family care during the pandemic had likely made many chronic problems worse, but similar issues could be found in the government's own inspection reporting system.
The military report states that the province wants to transition military support from those homes where the situation has stabilized, and is looking to Downsview Long-Term Care Centre as the next location. And he promised to make the results of these investigations public.
"It's appalling. It's disgusting", an emotional Ford said.
Trudeau would not say whether more health transfers directed at the provinces to address long-term care facilities are in the cards.
He says they're "haunted" by what's been happening in Montreal. "They were horrific. It's shocking that this can happen here in Canada". It took steps once the devastation in these homes was impossible to ignore but each of them came far later than it should have.
The province is now calling on the feds to extend the military's mission at LTC homes for another 30 days.
In addition, the government recently announced it will be launching an independent commission into Ontario's long-term care system beginning in September.
The total number of health-care workers who have contracted the novel coronavirus since the outbreak began in late January surpassed 4,500 today, accounting for about 17 per cent of all cases in Ontario.
Mr Ford said that the pandemic has "exposed the deep, deep cracks in long-term care homes". "The dignity of these patients in long-term care, not being cleaned?"
Syd beaches closed over cargo ship rubbish
The containers lost overboard held a wide range of goods including household appliances, building materials and medical supplies. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau said on Sunday it will investigate the loss of containers.
Boy Being Followed by Bear: 'This Is So Cool'
The bear continues to watch from its hind legs but it seemingly loses interest and stops following after a few seconds. Shared on Twitter by user Loris Calliari, the video has gone viral and prompted many reactions online.