Following on from the inaugural race around the Bahrain track a fortnight ago, a host of F1 drivers will compete around a virtual Albert Park in Melbourne on Sunday as they attempt to fill the void while the season remains suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Silverstone is among the next group under threat.
"Following the massive success of the F1 Esports Bahrain Virtual Grand Prix, we are thrilled to be able to come back online again this weekend to provide fans with some racing action", said Julian Tan, F1's head of digital business initiatives and Esports.
The British Grand Prix statement said: "We fully appreciate that other United Kingdom sporting events in July have taken decisions regarding their events, but it is important to highlight that their logistics and sporting arrangements differ from Silverstone's".
"We fully appreciate that other United Kingdom sporting events in July have taken decisions regarding their events, but it is important to highlight that their logistics and sporting arrangements differ from Silverstone's and, therefore, our timeline gives us until the end of April to make a final decision", said the statement.
Organisers had already postponed the Chinese Grand Prix, and other races quickly followed.
Since then, the Dutch, Spanish, Monaco and Azerbaijan Grands Prix have also been called off.
He stepped up to the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2018 and just missed out on the title, then came sixth a year ago in the FIA Formula 3 Championship and fourth in the Macau Grand Prix.
But an idea to run more than one race at the same venue in order to expand the calendar without creating a logistical nightmare has been floated and it's something Silverstone would be open to, according to managing director Stuart Pringle.
F1 CEO Chase Carey intends to hold 15-18 races later in the year, making it clear the 2020 championship will go ahead at some point in the summer.
A season has to have at least eight races for it to be counted as a World Championship.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20+ spotted on Geekbench
Samsung reached out to us today and provided a statement that basically reaffirmed its commitment to the status quo. In this, pictures of all three models of this smartphone series were shared.
Small biz rescue off to spotty start; some banks not ready
Large banks, meanwhile, had said the Paycheck Protection Program , as the scheme was dubbed, still had wrinkles to be worked out . Sharon King, Executive Director of the Boulder Small Business Development Center, will lead the discussion.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Formally Transfer to LA
A Palace aide last week told ITV: "Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed". Archie has been "loving doing FaceTime playdates with other small children they have in their lives".