The Mumbai-raised chef had been in Mumbai until March 8. "Hospitality, on March 25, 2020 in New Jersey, USA", it said.
Noted chef Floyd Cardoz has died after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, family sources said on Wednesday. "I was feeling feverish and hence as a precautionary measure, admitted myself into hospital in NY", he wrote, adding he "was hugely anxious about my state of health".
"As a precautionary measure, we have informed the Health Department in Mumbai about the same".
"Bravo and the Top Chef family are deeply saddened by the passing of Chef Floyd Cardoz". We are also reaching out personally to people who have interacted with him during his visit to India, so they can take necessary medical advice should they indicate any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and/ or self-quarantine. "He is survived by his mother Beryl, wife Barkha and sons Justin and Peter".
Cardoz was admitted to Mountainside Medical Centre in New Jersey on March 18 after he tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement released by Hunger Inc. His family also previously confirmed the news to the Indian publication Scroll.in, which reported that Cardoz had been in Mumbai, where he owned the restaurants The Bombay Canteen and O Pedro, as well as the newly-opened Bombay Sweet Shop.
NY after attending culinary school in Switzerland. Soho's Paowalla, which was later transformed into Bombay Bread Bar, closed a year ago.
Cardoz was crowned the victor of Top Chef Masters Season 3, which aired in 2011. He was the co-owner of a chain of restaurants with names Bombay Canteen. He also received accolades for his NY restaurant The Bombay Bread Bar.
Food writer, Aatish Nath said, "Chef Floyd Cardoz always had wry smile on his face and was quick with suggestions when it came to what to eat, at both O Pedro and Bombay Canteen".
NFL instructs clubs to close team facilities
As of right now, the draft is still scheduled to go on as planned, but not in Las Vegas as previously planned. But, if the league's general managers have their way, it won't be on scheduled day of April 23rd.
Spain Covid-19 death toll shoots past 1300
The health authorities also revealed that among the 28,572 people infected by the virus, 3,475 are health workers. Another four-star Madrid hotel, the Marriott Auditorium, is scheduled to start receiving patients on Friday.