Fury-Wilder III set to be pushed back from July to October

Wilder Fury

Eddie Hearn is still hopeful that the fight can take place this year without having to be delayed, but he also admitted that he is flexible with the date, with the government advice likely to have an impact on whether the delay could be needed. I was his No 1 challenger since 2017, yet he never wanted to fight me and ducked and swerved my rightful shot for 900 days, pathetically hiding behind the WBC and begging them to allow him to fight anyone but me.

Fury beat Wilder by seventh-round TKO on February 22 in Las Vegas, Wilder's first career loss and costing him his WBC heavyweight championship belt.

"Yes, it's ridiculous, considering he lost the first fight", Whyte told Sky Sports.

Wilder called for a rematch but with Las Vegas casinos shut and travel from Europe to the USA suspended in an effort to slow the spread of the virus, Arum said there is no way the fight can go forward as scheduled at the MGM Grand. "It's part of what's happening in the world", Arum said, via ESPN.

Tyson Fury's third fight against Deontay Wilder is being pushed back until October according to ESPN's Dan Rafael.

"So everybody has to take a step back".


Until they can guarantee a safe date for the fight at the MGM Grand, however, Arum and Wilders co-manager Al Haymon are going to take things one step at a time.

Wilder's explosive sequence of knockout victories suddenly stopped against Fury, who resisted his renowned right-hand man in the early stages of his comeback fight, and Whyte questioned whether the limitations of & # 39; The Bronze Bomber & # 39; they had been exposed.

Wilder and Fury met the first time in December of 2018 in Los Angeles. "Nobody has ever experienced anything like this before".

"We don't even know if the MGM will even be open by then", Arum said.

And Arum confirmed to ESPN that all parties involved in getting the third fight on the table are working through their process.

Now, we wait to see if Unified Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua's scheduled title defense in June against IBF #1 contender Kubrat Pulev will still take place at London's Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or might move to later in the year, as well?

Related:

Comments

Latest news

First death in Tamil Nadu due to corona!
He said barring the transport of essential items, public and private transport including auto-rickshaws, and taxis would not be allowed to operate.

NZ declares national state of emergency
Parliament received the Covid-19 epidemic notice today, meaning New Zealand is officially now in a state of emergency . Civil Defence director Sarah Stuart-Black on Wednesday said she expected the powers to be used where necessary.

Kevin Hart and wife Eniko share exciting news
I kept questioning him, like, "If this is what you're gonna do, I don't want to be a part of that". I'm thankful for simply still being here, on the road to being a bigger and better version of me.

Spain Covid-19 death toll shoots past 1300
The health authorities also revealed that among the 28,572 people infected by the virus, 3,475 are health workers. Another four-star Madrid hotel, the Marriott Auditorium, is scheduled to start receiving patients on Friday.

Wolves' Karl-Anthony Towns says mom in coma with coronavirus
I haven't talked to her, haven't been able to obviously communicate with her, I've just been getting updates on her condition. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University and joined ESPNChicago.com for its launch in April 2009.

Other news