Deadly border clashes have spiked over the past few weeks which have seen Indian and Pakistani forces target frontier posts as well as villages, leading to casualties among soldiers and civilians on both sides.
There have been reports of killing of at least four-five terrorists in the shelling by the Indian Army, which inflicted significant damage on the Pakistani side.
During exchange of fire one Pakistan Army soldier and five civilians were martyred while two soldiers were injured.
Disturbances started after Pakistan started heavy firing on LoC in Tangdhar and adjoining areas late on Saturday.
On October 4, Pakistan Army had continued to target civilians along the Line of Control (LoC).
The civilian killed in the Pakistani firing has been identified as Mohd Sadiq (55). Those wounded are Mohd Maqbool (70), Mohd Shafi, (50) and Yusuf Hamid (22).
The Indian army "retains the right to respond at a time and place of its choosing" if the Pakistani army continues to do this, he said.
In a statement, the Foreign Office said Indian Charge d'Affaires Gaurav Ahluwalia had been summoned by Dr Muhammad Faisal, Director General (SA & SAARC), to register Pakistan's protest over the unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian forces along the LoC.
General Rawat also apprised Defence Minister Rajnath Singh of the situation on the ground regarding the targeting of the terror camps.
He added, the targeting of innocent civilians by Indian Army was an attempt to justify their false claims of targeting alleged camps.
Pakistan has been incessantly violating the ceasefire.
The total number of ceasefire violations by Pakistan till October 2019 have crossed the 2,300 mark.
Turkey wants Syrian forces moved back
Reports had suggested 700 fled after a Turkish shell landed near Ain Issa, a camp holding family members of ISIS fighters. Ahmed, the Kurdish official, said the cease-fire deal doesn't impact the agreement with Russian Federation and Damascus.