Ed Westwick won’t be charged with sexual assault due to insufficient evidence

RadarOnline articles

"Three separate women recently reported to law enforcement that suspect sexually assaulted them at three different times in 2014", stated the D.A.'s office in a July 17 charge evaluation worksheet made public Friday.

In the two cases which the office chose to pursue TMZ reports that legal documents show that potential witnesses "could not provide sufficient evidence to get a conviction".

Despite the first two accusers having identified witnesses, prosecutors said the witnesses were "not able to provide information that would enable the prosecution to prove either incident beyond a reasonable doubt".

"It is a shame there are those who so publicly prejudged this case and that it took this long for Ed to be fully cleared", she continued. In the third instance, the woman did not co-operate with investigators.

Prosecutors said other women had alleged unwanted touching against the actor, but that these claims would not be pursued because they fell outside the statute of limitations.

It was reported past year that Kristina Cohen accused Ed of raping her in a post in November 2017. She said that "justice was served". Her lawyer said she would be filing a police report against Ed that same week. The second case was from another woman, former actor Aurélie Wynn, while the third case was dropped earlier this year by an anonymous woman who claimed he touched her inappropriately. I told him to stop, but he was strong.

Ed said, "I do now know this woman", in his post, and also added that he has never forced himself on any woman.

Westwick denied the claims against him from the beginning, calling them "provably untrue".

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Pucker up: Meghan surprises Prince Harry at the polo
Harry's good friend Nacho Figueras , the team captain, spoke out about the recently married couple. The bedtime protocol is not the only thing the new Duchess of Sussex will have to adjust to.

New Zealand has put forward a serious charge of Australia
But in 2016, after a finalist for a new flag had been selected, nearly 57 percent of Kiwis opted to keep their old flag. Technically, New Zealand adopted its Southern Cross-starred flag in 1902, while Australia formally only did so in 1954.

New York Regulator Revokes Its Approval of Charter, Time Warner Cable Merger
But, the commission said, Charter soon missed its first deadline to expand its network to an additional 36,250 homes by May 2017. One solution could see Charter spinning off its NY division; it's also possible that the division could be sold to someone else.

Total lunar eclipse around the world
Below is an interview with Daniel Cunnama , of the South African Astronomical Observatory about tonight's astronomical event. The full moon will begin to darken as it enters the Earth's shadow at 7.15pm, with the total eclipse beginning at 9.30pm.

Brics: Sorry, we can’t afford nuclear, Cyril tells Putin
BRICS as a block is of strategic importance in the current global environment that we find ourselves in today. He said much of the discussions with China would likely focus on what is happening with the United States.

Other news