Liverpool handed major boost in pursuit of reported 'target' Stefan de Vrij

Stefan de Vrij

"Lazio have withdrawn the proposal we made for a new contract to De Vrij", Tare told Mediaset Premium (via Football Italia).

"There's nothing evil - we thank Stefan for what he has given to us, but for now, we are not going to explain the reasons behind this separation".

Tare said: "It's a decision made after many months.

I know that the club made him a significant offer and he was tempted, but he's a champion and I know that he will behave as such until the end of the season".

But on Monday evening, the Biancoceleste's Director of Sport Igli Tare gave the final word, "he won't renewal with us".

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp should have an enhanced transfer kitty next summer, with the bulk of the £142m fee received from the sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona last month yet to be used.

This news regarding De Vrij will boost Inter's hopes of signing the player who will certainly contact the player's entourage to make him an offer.

As such, a number of Europe's biggest clubs are reported to have set their sights on a summer move for the 31-time capped Oranje worldwide, with Juventus, Inter Milan, Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool all linked.

De Vrij has been of interest to a number of major European clubs over the course of his career, but is yet to move on from Lazio after moving to Italy in 2014 from Dutch side Feyernoord. De Vrij will be a free agent in June with Premier League heavyweights vying for his signatures. We've grown a lot and we will continue to grow. "The only thing not in short supply in the world are players".

Man United's rivals, Liverpool and Everton, are both also interested in signing the 26-year-old, as per the Liverpool Echo.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Cape Town's 'day zero' pushed back even further to July
Neilson urged residents to not ease up on their water-saving efforts, as the city has yet to reach the targeted 450-million litres per day collective usage target.

Kesha Postpones Spring Tour Dates Due to Injury
Kesha said she was "heartbroken" to tell the world the news especially because the injury comes from performing other dates. I love you all and I'll work every single day as hard as i can to recover and get back on stage as soon as possible.

Frankfurt win as fans protest Monday soccer
But supporters remain unconvinced and view the development as yet another assault on their fan culture. Neither team is in the Europa League and neither set of fans has yet announced any action.

European Union court adviser backs Commission in forest dispute with Poland
Poland's Bialowieza Forest is one of Europe's last remaining primeval forests and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Today's decision is a non-binding legal opinion ahead of a final European Court of Justice ruling.

George and Amal Clooney donating $500000 for student march against gun violence
March For Our Lives will take place on the 24th of March and was organized by Jacqueline Coren, Cameron Kasky , Alex Wind, David Hogg, and Emma Gonzalez .

Other news