Man City looking to steal Hazard from Chelsea, Real Madrid with €175m

The Spaniard has struggled this season but against Newcastle he looked like the Pedro of old

City decided not to chase Sanchez after baulking at the 29-year-old £400,000-a-week wage demands, but they reportedly see Hazard as better value as he enters the prime years of his career.

Pep Guardiola has identified Hazard as his No.1 summer transfer target.

Furthermore, his desire to win a Ballon d'Or has alerted those at Real Madrid, who see it as an opportunity to lure him away from the Premier League - which gives them an advantage over Manchester City.

However, Guardiola has hinted he is prepared to change his stance.

City are also confident that the lure of Guardiola and Madrid's current crisis will be enough to land their man. Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, Hazard's boyhood idol, is now under a lot of scrutinies with the club now in fourth place in La Liga.


As per The Mirror, the negotiations of Hazard signing a new deal are stalling, meaning that City are in the running to sign the Belgian.

If City get deals for Aymeric Laporte and Fred over the line in January, much of their summer budget will be allocated to the acquisition of an elite attacker, and signing Hazard would be a major statement of intent.

Speaking to Sky Sports News on Saturday afternoon, Le Tissier said: "In the last month he's been outstanding". Hazard would fit the bill as their long-term Cristiano Ronaldo replacement on the left wing.

Chelsea would be very much against selling Hazard and City are only likely to make a move if his contract deadlock isn't resolved before the summer, at which point City would be willing to shatter the British transfer record.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Big Bear Mountain Resort joins new national ski pass
Ikon. 23 resorts, including Utah's Snowbird and Alta will be available for your big-mountain dreams. This could finally be the true competition to Vail Resorts' Epic Pass.

Parents of slain high school student say she was 'perfect daughter'
One Kentucky company is raising money for the victims of the Marshall County school shooting by selling Kentucky Strong t-shirts. The alleged shooter has been formally charged with two counts of murder and 12 counts of first-degree assault, authorities said.

National Football League releases injury report showing increase in number of concussions
Players that flagged the possibility of a concussion contributed to 28 percent of the evaluations conducted. But it's obviously a number the National Football League would rather see decreasing.

Eskom's Brian Molefe must pay back the money — Newsflash
It was later discovered that on the same day, he submitted a request for early retirement. But the three presiding judges on the matter did not see it that way.

ISIL Terrorists Arrested, Others Killed in Western Iran: Commander
According to the statement, the terrorists, linked to the ISIS, had entered Iran through the western borders of the country.

Other news