Health Canada expands fire extinguisher recall involving 2.7 million devices

Health Canada expands fire extinguisher recall involving 2.7 million devices

The federal government is launching a massive fire extinguisher recall.

For one user of the millions of Kidde brand extinguishers, it did.

More than 40 million fire extinguishers, some on the market for more than four decades, are being recalled because they may not work in an emergency.

More than 40 million fire extinguishers in the USA and Canada are being recalled because they might not work in an emergency.

Models that were recalled between March 2009 through February 2015.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that 134 models of fire extinguishers made between 1973 and 2017, as well as eight models of push-button Pindicator models made between 1995 and 2017, were recalled on November 2.


The agency also warns the nozzle may come off with sufficient force to pose a hazard.

So far, the CPSC has received almost 400 reports of cases in which the recalled fire extinguishers failed to work properly.

"Fire extinguishers are life-saving devices and among the most important things in your home and vehicles", State Fire Marshal Tim Bean said.

McMullen says Kidde's huge market share makes the recall worrisome.

"After every six years, we suggest you replace the fire extinguishers in your home", Church said. His family received a settlement from Kidde.

Owners should contact Kidde to ask for a replacement and for instructions on how to return recalled models. "I urge all Missourians to check all their fire extinguishers so they can be confident they will work when needed".

Related:

Comments

Latest news

BTS to Make Debut US TV Performance at American Music Awards 2017!
The annual awards show will mark the K-pop group's first performance on US television, according to an AMAs press release. What do you think the world reaction will be after watching their "DNA" performance?

Paz de la Huerta: Weinstein raped me twice in my apartment
The world-famous movie producer has come under fire, with dozens of women accusing him of sexually harassing or attacking them . We're told he asked for a private room. problem was, the room was all glass so people in the restaurant could see him.

Canada sanctions 52 human-rights violators under new Magnitsky law
Three senior officials from South Sudan, including the country's former army chief Paul Malong, were also targeted. Canada also sanctioned three individuals from South Sudan, the world's youngest country.

In first, U.S. reportedly strikes Islamic State in Somalia
More than 350 people were killed in twin bombings in the Somali capital Mogadishu last month, the deadliest attack in the country's history.

Liverpool Can wait on new contract - Klopp
That's really important for us. "It will be close, so hopefully they can train during the global break and be part of the normal training".

Other news