AC Milan readying massive January bid for Man City striker Sergio Aguero

JUSTIN TALLIS  GettyImages

However, Milan canceled its formal move considering City and Guardiola failed to bring the main target, Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez.

AC Milan are reportedly ready to make an £80million swoop for Sergio Aguero in the January transfer window.

City agreed a £60m deadline day deal for Sanchez, but were unable to complete the transfer after Arsenal were unable to land a replacement for the Chilean.

According to The Sun, City still intend to sign the Chile worldwide in the New Year and are hopeful of nabbing him from their Premier League rivals as early as January in a cut-price £25m move.

Manchester City are planning a further £20m bid for Alexis Sanchez in January.

Rumours have persisted since Guardiola took over City 16 months ago that he and Aguero have a strained relationship.

City have made light of that blow during the opening weeks of the season, dropping just two points in their opening seven league games and making a 100% start to their European campaign. Guardiola has managed to fit them into the same side this season in a 3-5-2 formation. Guardiola's move will be the trigger for Milan to approach Aguero.

And their bid will test whether Guardiola really does see a long-term future for the striker who stands one goal off becoming the club's joint record goalscorer.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Koroibete scores as Wallabies beat Argentina
Hodge had a try disallowed in the second half but was still able to complete a double when he scored in the 77th minute. The Wallabies steadily began to dominate territory and possession, opening up cracks in the Argentine defence.

Trump Defends Throwing Paper Towels to Hurricane Survivors in Puerto Rico
The majority of citizens in Puerto Rico have been without power for nearly three weeks after the storm hit. Trump said Cruz "really did not do a very good job in fact did a very poor job".

Opec oil cut deal may be extended: Russian Federation
Overseas shipments from the USA jumped to a record last week as production rose, government data showed. OPEC Secretary-General Mohammad Barkindo called them a "very strong endorsement" of the accord.

Dana White Says UFC 216 Tickets Will Be Free for 1st Responders
Prior to the beginning of the UFC 216 pay-per-view card Saturday night, a special video message featuring Dana White aired. White claimed Aldean told him that he might never perform live again, according to TMZ .

Iran open to talks over its ballistic missile program
Trump has railed against the multi-party deal, achieved by his predecessor Barack Obama, and appears ready to pull out of it. As a whole, the Guards are not necessarily a terrorist organization.

Other news