Ousmane Dembele suspended until further notice by Borussia Dortmund

Mourinho hints at Ibrahimovic Man Utd return

The 20-year-old France worldwide was fined and suspended until Monday for missing Thursday's training, but the ban has been extended indefinitely.

A number of reports have claimed that Dembele's actions were a move to help force through a transfer to Barcelona, who are rumoured to be interested in his services.

Borussia Dortmund have extended Ousmane Dembele's suspension indefinitely after the France worldwide went AWOL this week in an attempt to force through a move to Barcelona.

Dortmund kick off their Bundesliga season on Saturday against Wolfsburg and Dortmund director of football Michael Zorc confirmed Dembele would continue to train alone.

"Our focus is now on preparing the team for their Bundesliga opener against Wolfsburg next weekend. Dembele, of course, has the opportunity to complete an individual training session outside the group", Zorc said.

Dortmund rejected a €100m (£90m) offer from Barcelona for Dembele in midweek and he was fined and suspended for missing training until after Saturday's German Cup game for the defending champions against Rielasingen.

The France global was one of Dortmund's best players last season as they finished third in the Bundesliga, scoring six goals and contributing a further 12 assists in 32 league appearances.

Dembele has been sounded out by LaLiga giants Barca as a replacement for Neymar, following his astounding EUR222million world-record switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

Dembele joined Dortmund a little over 12 months ago from Rennes on a five-year contract and has attracted top European suitors after a breakout season at the Westfalenstadion.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Virginia Gov. McAuliffe to white nationalists: 'No place for you in America'
He then said that the driver of the auto was "honking their horn" and then "they were just, like, bulldozing through people". Despite the decision to quash the rally, clashes continued on side streets and throughout downtown.

LET ME GO! Barca Target Coutinho Submits Transfer Request To Liverpool
In a statement on Friday, the club's owners said its "definitive stance" was that "no offers will be considered". Liverpool fans will be hoping Philippe Coutinho is still a Reds player by the end of the week.

BidaskClub Lowers STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST, INC. (STWD) to Hold
Finally, BidaskClub downgraded Liberty Property Trust from a "buy" rating to a "hold" rating in a report on Wednesday, June 21st. The real estate investment trust reported $2.97 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $2.92 by $0.05.

Trump on North Korea; Google scandal; Trouble at Snap
ET (1434 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index fell 70.95 points, or 0.47 percent, to 15,146.38. Crude oil prices tumbled on the back of the selloff on Wall Street and lingering concerns over global oversupply.

Occupy Oakland calls Saturday night rally in response to Charlottesville violence
One person was killed and at least two dozen were hurt. "There is no place for this kind of violence in America", Trump wrote . Earlier in the day, President Trump posted to his personal account, "We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for".

Other news