Eight army personnel among 15 martyred in Quetta's Pishin stop blast

Explosion in Quetta Explosion in pakistan pakistan blast Quetta blast

At least 12 people were killed and 30 injured after explosion rocked a high-security zone of Quetta's Pishin Stop in Pakistan.

"We can now confirm that 15 people have died in the explosion today".

Spokesperson for the provincial government Anwarul Haq Kakar has confirmed the number of injured in an exclusive talk with Dunya News. However, sources cited by local news channels, claimed that the attack was a terror operation executed by the insurgent outfits targeting the vehicle of security personnel.

The blast came two days before Pakistan's 70th Independence Day, and the military chief said it was an effort to mar celebrations.

The intensity of the blast was reportedly severe as it was heard in far off areas and caused a huge fire in which some vehicles and auto rickshaws were also damaged.

Pakistan's army press wing said the patrol was the target and there were at least seven civilians among the 15 killed.

Army troops reached the site of the incident soon after the attack and cordoned off the area.

"We are trying to provide best possible facilities to the injured people", he said, adding that the holidays of all doctors in the city were suspended. "15 people including 7 civilians were martyred", the statement said, adding that 25 people including 15 civilians had been injured and taken to a military hospital. "At least 32 others are wounded", Dawn.com quoted Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti as saying.

Balochistan has oil and gas resources but is afflicted by Islamist militancy, sectarian violence between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and a separatist insurgency. Rescue services and security forces have reached the site and are conducting rescue activities.

Militant groups operating in the province have previously claimed responsibility for attacking security forces. Two cars, rickshaws and motorcycles caught fire after the blast.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Federer, Canadian teen reach Rogers Cup semifinals
Haase has had to overcome several injuries in his career but says he is finally in a good place. "I was not as fast". He will now be up against 20-year-old German Alexander Zverev , the fourth seed, in the semifinals on Saturday.

Philippe Coutinho Rocks Liverpool With Transfer Request
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp also said on Thursday that the club had no plans to let Coutinho leave. Liverpool have denied reports that Philippe Coutinho has handed in a transfer request.

United States sanctions on North Korea: Dead on arrival
Ri also said Pyongyang will "under no circumstances" negotiate anything to do with its nuclear or ballistic missile programs. In fact, on his first day in Manila, Tillerson appeared to go out of his way to avoid crossing paths with Ri.

Boko Haram: Troops Search Houses in Maiduguri
It has forced the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) to change tactics and resort to employment of suicide bombers to target military locations and the populace.

Roma won't increase Riyad Mahrez bid, wait on Leicester's answer
Now the ball is in their court. "We won't bid again", he told a press conference ahead of a friendly with Celta Vigo this weekend. START the Premier League season with a bang this Friday night.

Other news